Tuesday, June 2, 2009

BUG Update

I don't have any pictures, just info for the Bug in the oven. I saw the doctor on the 20th of May and did the glucose tolerance test. I passed with flying colors! My visit was during the 26th week of pregnancy and my belly measured 28 cm. So baby is slightly larger than the week count. Everything checked out well- blood pressure was good, I had not gained any weight and the baby's heartbeat was strong. I still have very little to no swelling, which is so surprising to me. I am starting to feel pressure in the rib cage and sides. I feel huge, but most say I look great. I think everyone is just being kind. The baby still does not enjoy my sitting down. It just kicks and moves all day while I am at work, sitting at my desk. It kicks while driving in the truck. I tried to set the seat back further, but I feel sorta stupid- like I am cruisin' the hood, and should be blastin' some rap music. Ha I am usually still worn out by 5pm, but still truck to the lake and do a lap or two for exercise during good weather. I really hate getting up in the morning. Seems like even early bedtimes do not help. I am forcing the water still, and eating lots of cool fruits and trying my hand at making smoothies here at home. I can not eat much at one time....not much room in there anymore. Jesselyn and I made it to the prenatal classes last month. She swears she is never going to have children after that first night. (birth videos!!) I was over come shortly before class with the thought of being the 'old woman' in the group- let alone being the only person who brings their 19 year child with them to class as a partner, rather than my husband! Well, I was the oldest for sure, I swear there was a 12 year old there! And I was the only "repeat offender" tagged by the teacher. I had more fun watching Jesselyn and hearing her reactions to the info presented to us. Most of it started to come back to me.....so I have been mentally preparing myself to know that I have done this before and I CAN DO IT AGAIN! I hope that maybe Kent will be close enough in July to attend at least the first night of class.....I can make it through again, he needs to learn about what will be taking place during labor, and what I will be needing of him. Well see how his schedule goes. He is working close by over at Westfield, which is an hour from the house, on the S Dakota border. He is actually be home each night, but plans on spending the rest of this week over there. So, just will be me and Jess here at the house. We can do mac and cheese and fruit for supper!!! yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment