Monday, July 27, 2009

Count Down is on

Hello all- I know the whole idea behind this was to keep posting more than I do- but what can I say- I am old and tired- and ready to have a baby. Some say it has gone fast....yeah those of which are not achy, swollen, tired, peeing every 5 minutes and hot all the time, or are having their bladder used as a trampoline! Those who sleep well all night can say my pregnancy has gone fast....and when I think of all thing I have yet to accomplish before B day- well you are right. But, when I am tossing & turning all night, up and down, in and out of the bathroom, sleeping on the couch for the most part- well, that is when I decide that is had drug on forever!

I go to see the doc on this coming Friday. Last visit, I was doing great still. Blood pressure was 110 over 70, my normal and my weight gained was about 12 pounds total at that point. I have started the swelling in the feet and ankles...sometimes it looks really ugly- today we not so bad. I have started going to the truck at lunch time and laying the back seat and popping my legs up and out the window to curb the swelling....I have created a few chuckles I am sure. I still go most days to the lake for a lap or two after work, I think that is the key to keeping the swelling down and pounds off...but it sure tuckers me out.

Kent has still been home most nights...working in Hinton over by Sx City. I love having him here-I just hate cooking each night.....I got kinda spoiled not doing that for some time. I got him to agree to going to one prenatal class with me....signed us up....he got off work early, cleaned up and met me in town.....ONLY to find out that they did not put us on the list, therefore we did not get the call that morning telling us that class was cancelled due to low participants.........UG! He was offered to see the maternity wing, which was going to be good, until we found out someone was in there in labor....so we kindly declined. The gal said, just have him read the book you got last time you were here......yeah right! If it can not be read in a bathroom visit- it ain't gonna get read!

Jesse is still working the pool and Hy Vee and being the typical home from college kid. Staying out late and doing things she should not....but what can I say.... John is well, and currently working two jobs until his time is up at Barnes & Noble- he took a different job over and Java House.. it is closer to his apt and I think he is going to like that better. He took his L-SAT, but he says he did not like his score...and will be taking it over in a few months, I think he told me September. I am sure it was not that bad- but with John, good it not enuf....which is ok....I just don't want him to kill himself off as an over achiever.

I have some pictures I wanted to add.....but just realized as I got my big self up here on the second floor with memory card in hand, that my transfer thingy ma jig is out side in my bag in the truck....and I am not going down, out and in and up tonight....stairs seem to do this gal in. So, I will do that tomorrow. Promise. I want to get a pic ea week for my journal....so I can load those are here too...I know the best part is the pictures...I think so too.

Alright....I would say it is past my bed time...and it is....but I won't sleep anyway- but I best get out of this chair and lay down. Sitting all day tends to lead to that swelling in the legs, ankles and feet....so I can tell I sat here too long already..... hope you like the new look of the blog- looks more summer like....not a lot of options, but something a bit brighter for the season.

OH- by the way- NO we do not know the sex of the baby yet and NO, doc has not scheduled that next ultra sound.....we'll see what happens this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment